Monday, October 24, 2011

What are you doing?

While I was folding laundry and putting it away I took noticed that Claire was talking quite loud to herself. Trying to listen without looking like I was listening I was superficially busy with straitening up and not looking at her at all. She sounded like she was having a conflict between 2 people about where they were headed on their vacation. "The beach or bapa's house?" Still not wanting her to notice I was eavesdropping on her conversation I just said "What are you doing?" She responded with "Just playing." 'What are you playing?" I asked. Her reply was "Just a couple of chicks driving around." I was astounded that she had referred to her female dolls as chicks and turned around to explain that that was not a nice way to speak of the female species. What I did see when I turned around was a couple of chicks driving around.

No comments: