Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Sussical time









I've had a bee in my bonnet about painting Ben and Claire's room.  They share a room now and it is quite girlie which I know is not a big deal to Ben at this point but that will change.  Plus I don't want him to gripe about it later in life that not only did he share a room with his sister but it was also a fairy garden room.  I would never live it down in this family.


With that said I decided to paint over the garden and find a more gender neutral theme for the two of them.  For quite a while I was going to do an ocean theme because they both like fish.  But then I stumbled across a Dr. Seuss book last week and then things got out of control.  Travis, being the man that he is, was fine with the change as long as he didn't have to do anything but look at it when it was completed.  He did however suggest some things to me that were wonderful because it saved me a lot of time and painting.  He suggested that we move the kids into Ben's old room and paint it instead of painting over Claire's room and risk destroying the tree my dad made.  What a great idea!  Yesterday we took all the jungle theme stuff out of Ben's room and turned Claire's room into a tropical jungle.  It will be fun for the new baby and this way the two of them get a little more space.  Ben's room is about 3+ ft bigger than Claire's room.


I spent the evening drawing all over the walls getting ready to paint.  I am having so much fun and I can't wait for it to be painted and done!  I think it is going to be such a cute room and a fun room for the both of them.  Claire is super excited to have all her favorite Dr. Seuss characters on the walls.  She kept on insisting that I hurry up and paint so she can move in.  I think the project is going quite well at this point.  I still have more drawing to get done but I'm sure I will complete it tomorrow and then start painting on Tuesday.  I'll post as I go.  Today is the pencil drawing thus far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...it's going to be great! What a great idea all around :) I can't wait to see more!! I love Travis' terms (so long as he doesn't have to do anything) - has he spoken with Craig because they are quite similar! :P

- Donna

Anonymous said...

Katie - you are so skilled! These drawings are amazing. I am just happy that I have anything up on the kids walls at all!

Anonymous said...

Right -that was me, Jen that left that message!