Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kissing whales, being painted, and pants with nobody inside them.








The kids had a great time during the morning hours while I tried to paint and do laundry at the same time.  It's hard to get anything done with little kids around but you find ways to do a little at a time and today that is what I did.  I got small portions of things painted  while entertaining the kids and folding and putting away laundry.  It's not the way I like to work but what else am I going to do?  


While trying to paint the pants with nobody inside them Ben kept on insisting that I kiss his small toy whale.  At one point he just shoved it in my mouth and left it there.  Also while trying to paint, both kids painted me and climbed all over me.  This, as I'm sure you have guessed, really helped the job get done faster.  There was a brief time where they were not in my face but decided that they both had to ride the rocking horse at the same time.  This then erupted into a huge battle where one was trying to buck off the other and then Ben just threw Claire off the horse.  This also made my painting experience go super smoothly.


Somehow I did manage to get a little done.  It took a lot more coats of paint than I would have liked but it will, at some point, be done and be fabulous.

1 comment:

Goola! said...

it's fabulous indeed!!! so awesome you're doing this!