Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trapped

I am thankful. I am thankful for everything I have in my life. I need to state that outloud. I love my life and everyone in it. It is hard for me to say outloud that I feel like I am drowning. I am starting to loose sight of what I love and what I have. I am letting my husband down and my kids down. I can't seem to manage my day or get anything done which is hard for Travis and the kids. Greif, daily life, and Sam's screaming has consumed my life and I can't get hardly anything done. When I get a moment of peace I don't want to do anything but sit. I have tried to be happy outside of the house thinking that I can fool myself into thinking I really am happy. I am ashamed of who I have become. I am unhappy, fat, tired, and angry a lot of the time. I struggle with everything and can't seem to do anything right. I fear that I am making my family unhappy and disappointed in who I am. After loosing loved ones and trying to deal with an unhappy baby all the time I am becoming defeated. On top of all the other small and big problems that exist in our lives it is becoming too much. I am currently writing this with Sam screaming on my back. It has gotten to the point that even wearing him won't make him happy. What am I doing wrong? I feel like such a failure and just a shell of a person. This is all I ever wanted and all I want to do is take a break. I want to breathe and I just can't get my head above water. I just feel lost and I don't think smiling my way through is going to make it better.

4 comments:

Melinda Skye said...

I had a friend who had a baby who screamed all the time - they wound up taking her to a chiropractor - "cranio sacral" tension or something like that.

Hope it gets better - just remember that we love you.

Also, it's not weakness to get overwhelmed - we all do it.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry hun. I wish I could hug you right now.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

that photo on the front page is amazing!!

Shana said...

Katie, it's so hard to deal with all of the ups and downs of life... and yes, we do all have them... but to try to do that with your child screaming all the time... wow, I just can't imagine. You are not alone in your grief, and the holidays were especially bad. The most important thing here is to realize that you are a GREAT mom, and that you aren't doing anything wrong. We all have times where we just feel overwhelmed and disconnected, especially with the past year or so that our family has had. I have learned that it's important to recognize those feelings... not to totally give in, but to acknowledge them in order to move forward.

I'm not sure if any of this helps. Please know that I love you and things will get better.

(hugs)