Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sliding into 4







Four years ago yesterday I was laid up in a hospital bed busy bringing our sweet baby into the world. After 30+ hours of labor Claire Elizabeth Larsen came into the world at 1:30am on July 5, 2007. Our lives changed for the better. She sits next to me now oblivious that I am writing about her and watching The Wizard of Oz.

She is the most wonderful daughter I could have ever dreamed up. She is sweet, kind, loving, SMART, beautiful, a leader, strong willed, I could go on and on for days. I think she will be a wonderful mother if she chooses to be. Watching her with Sam is incredible. She cares for him like a mother and never wants him to be upset. If he is crying she will sing, talk, play with him, or give him a pacifier. She tries to teach Ben new skills everyday and everyday she is learning new skills. She thrives in making friends and is not afraid to try new things (Foods not included).

For her birthday we had presents in the morning after breakfast. We got her some stickers, a couple of new night gowns for summer, a floor puzzle, and a slip n slide. The slip n slide was a huge hit! We got it out of the box, laid it out down the hall, and blew it up. We decided to put it to use in the afternoon and I managed to get some great shots of the kids and the slide in action. She is super excited to go to the zoo and have cake at her GG Frank and GG Naomi's house after. I think this will be a great 4th birthday for her and Travis and I love her to the moon and back!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brought back memories of Claire's first trip to the zoo - I enjoyed being along and observing how much you like the zoo, too, Katie!

Happy Birthday, Claire!

Janet