Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who knew!


Lately I have been keeping track of things I have heard myself say lately.  It has been interesting at best!  I never knew that I would ever say some of the things I have been caught saying.  Here is a few on the list:

"You need to take your big toe out of your brothers ear."

"Why is your arm in the fish tank?"

"At what point did it seem like a good idea to stack pillows on mommy and daddy's bed and try to reach the ceiling fan?!"

"Ben! Stop biting my leg!"

"Your brother's head does not come off!"

"Quit putting your finger up Claire's nose Ben."

"Can you please stop putting animals in my bra?"

"The oven is not a tunnel!"

"You have asked me "Why" 8 times and I don't know how to explain why plants grow anymore."

"Yes I am married!  Why am I arguing with you about this?!"

"No Ben my name is not daddy it's mama.  No really."

"Can someone please send me to my room in a time out?!"

It has been interesting indeed around here with these two kids.  I can't imagine what I will be saying with three kids!  I am taking the time to make a note so that I can look back and just laugh at the things I am saying.  Is anyone else sometimes dumbfounded by what they are saying to their kids?  It will help keep me sane.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember the comments I've made! Statements explaining the importance of gravity, that the cat really doesn't need a sippy cup (or many other gifts and offerings), FOOD goes in the mouth (and not whatever it is I'm explaining at the time), how excited I am to take a shower a SECOND DAY IN A ROW, and so on! If I think of more, I'll post 'em!

Love you! :)

- Donna